Wednesday, November 02, 2005

New Adventure

Hello everyone!I've finally decided to embark on a new adventure in technology. I thought this may be a great way to keep in touch with everyone. Hopefully everything works out (although I imagine there'll be a steep learning curve).

It snowed last night and it was a slippery walk to work. The snow hadn't melted off the tips of the trees yet and the ice on the branches glistened in the sun. The sidewalks, on the other hand, were much to be desired. I think people have forgotten how to drive in these conditions and it was rather funny to watch one person spin the tires until the ice melted and the tires could grip the pavement.

My work hours are now switched to 9-3. It's rather nice to sleep in, although Mike thought I needed to be up at 7:15. It's a good thing he's cute!For those who haven't heard, I have 2 new friends in my apartment. Henry VIII passed away in September so I decided to get a new fish, but a different name. Smartie is a colourful Beta who was named after a little boy who was on the bus with me when I brought him home. Hopefully the name change will bring better luck to my fish. My other new friend is Whiskers. She's a black dwarf-cross rabbit. I got her from the Humane Society and she's five years old. As a senior, she'll live up to another 5 years although her energy level is like a toddler! We're still adjusting to each other. Mike wants to "play" with her and Gilbert likes to follow her around. Mike also tries to groom the other two but neither seem to like it! In case you're having problems following, Mike is my cat and Gilbert's my guinea pig.

Have a great morning!

No comments: