Hi everyone!
I slept in again (although not so bad) and didn't have time for a shower. My hair feels (and looks) greasy and I feel a bit out of sorts. I was able to rush around and made it to work on time without running. When I went to bed last night, I got the chills so I ended up adding my housecoat and socks to keep warm. This morning I was snuggly cozy and although I remember my alarm going off, it was just too comfy to get up. I must have tossed a bit though, as Mike wasn't still in bed when I woke up.
After work yesterday, I crashed on the futon and napped until a little after 7 pm. I got up for The Townships Project meeting and there was a lot accomplished. There was someone there whose husband has set up organizations before and so he will help fill out all the forms needed to set up the Calgary chapter. A board of directors (I don't think this is the correct term but it's a group consisting of president, vp, secretary, treasurer, members-at-large) was set up and I've become secretary. Since I've never taken formal minutes before, I was on the internet this morning and got some templates and instructions as to how it's done. We have another meeting in December to see how the paperwork's going and to help plan a general public information meeting in January.
After the meeting (which ran late), I baked poppy seed cupcakes and made Krispie cake (but instead of putting it in a pan, I dropped them into cookies). I didn't have a recipe for poppy seed cake so I just made a yellow cake and added poppy seeds. It seemed to do the trick (my taste-test was yummy) and I used chocolate icing.Tonight's another busy night. I have some time to kill after work so I may go to Saje (amazing essential oil, remedies, etc. store) and get a complimentary 15 minute Rejuvenizer Treatment. I've never had one done but there was a coupon in my bag from the last time I was there. I'll then drop off the Krispie cake (cookies?) and spend and hour playing in the Christmas section of The Bay. I haven't been in that area yet and since I don't need any decorations, I figured it'd be safe to go just to browse.
After Bethel class (and yummy cupcakes) I'll do my last minute cramming before tomorrow's IC3 Exams. What's IC3? It's an industry standard for basic computer skills. It consists of three exams - computer fundamentals, computer applications, and internet. The applications are MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Since I've gotten all my computer knowledge from either long ago, or by accident, I wanted to have something that shows my skills. I'm a bit rusty in Excel & PowerPoint though but hopefully everything will go well. The exams have both multiple choice and practical questions. My exams are during the day so I don't have work. Since Friday (Remembrance Day) is a holiday in Alberta, I'll have an extra long weekend to relax.
Have a great day!
Wednesday, November 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment