Hi Everyone!
Slept through church - decided to stay in my pjs today. Actually did some tidying up around the house. Didn't even need a nap! Still have a stupid cough but my head's less fuzzy.
Did you know that a pot holder can catch fire if it's left on top of the stove while the oven is on? I was reheating my pizza and thought there was an odd smell coming from the kitchen. Luckily whatever the pot holder was made out of was a low-heat burning material. The flame was yellow (like a candle) but it didn't burn very fast. I was able to easily grab the corner and put it in the sink. I've lost a pot holder but there was no damage to the exposed element where it burned. I have no idea how this happened - the element that regulates the heat of the oven is the back left whereas the pot holder was on the front right! Scary thought - the fire alarm didn't go off (batteries are ok - it beeps when it needs changing) By the way, the pizza reheated perfectly.
Still haven't made up my mind about who to vote for tomorrow. My riding is very Conservative so although whoever I vote for won't get in, perhaps when the Conservatives are looking at statistics, they may see some left-wing support. I haven't received a single phone call/message or panflet in the mail about the candidates running or their platforms. I strongly believe it's everyone's responsibility to vote but I can understand why so many people are uninformed. I think there needs to be electoral reform to get people involved again. Unfortunately, the two dominate parties don't have electoral reform in their platforms. Hopefully there'll be enough NDP elected to force them to make some changes.
Anyways, enough of my ranting. I'm spending my evening watching cartoons and cuddling with my guys. Have a great day!
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment