Hi Everyone!
I skipped out on church today - still a bit tired and I had skipped choir on Thursday.
Went for a run this morning. I should explain - yesterday, I went and bought running shoes and outerwear (pants & long-sleeved shirt). I have decided that I need to improve my cardio activities. Although I do a lot of walking (which is great for endurance and muscle strength), my heart rate doesn't go high enough for cardio. This is why I've decided to go running in the morning. This week, I'm only running for a little over 10 minutes. I worked out a route this morning and it took me 11:51. I'll do this route for a week and then extend it by a few blocks (or approximately 15 minutes). Each week will have a 5 minute increase until I reach 30 minutes. After that, I'll start increasing distance (hence speed) as I don't want to get up too early in the morning. I was able to run for the entire distance today and my breathing wasn't too bad. I want to take things easy at first so my body gets use to running again. It felt really good although I don't know how enthusiastic I'll be in the early hours of the morn.
I'm making hamburger soup today. It's been simmering for about an hour know and the wonderful smell is filling the apartment. I'll keep it on the stove until supper and my mouth is already watering in anticipation.
Bought some potted miniature Irises today (4"). Hopefully I have enough sunlight to let them bloom. Have lots of tidying-up to do around the apartment.
Whiskers has been very well behaved. I've had her running loose around the entire apartment and so far I haven't noticed any droppings or chew marks. Gilbert's been a bit jealous but unfortunately he's not litter-trained and he loves electrical cords. Mike seems afraid of Whiskers - especially when she's in running mode (up and down the hallway). At times he tries to swat her but as soon as she jumps, he runs away. When she's quiet and I'm petting her, he'll lick her and then try to wedge himself between Whiskers and myself! This way (in his friggin' little idiot mind), I'll pet him instead of the rabbit! I think Mike will adjust to having Whiskers hopping around but it'll take time.
Have had an ongoing headache since visiting the dentist. The side of my mouth that he worked on seems higher than the other side. Hopefully this will be rectified when my other side gets done. I think it's causing my headaches and I also notice tense muscles around my jaw, neck and shoulders. I'll keep gobbling down the ibuprofin and wait until the end of the month.
Have a great day!
Sunday, January 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Karen so how is the running going? Since you are starting out again, I would suggest making sure that you maybe walk briskly for a minute or so and then run, that way you can warm up and make sure you stretch after (since you shouldn't really fully stretch before when your muscles are cold) sometimes I do some leg stretching in the middle of my run too.....just some advice....I hope it is going well!! Sherri
Post a Comment