Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Long Weekend

Hello Everyone!

I hope you had a fabulous weekend. Mine was great – the relaxation I needed.

On Friday night, I picked up a few annuals and planted them in the little flowerbed by my steps. I also had a couple friends drop by so it was nice to catch up with them.

On Saturday, I did my long bike ride. I mapped out a 30 km loop that had a majority highway style road. I did three laps, with a stop at my place to simulate the rest stops for the tour. My first loop was the hardest. I was out in the hottest part of the day and they were new roads to me so I wasn’t sure how things would go. The 2nd and 3rd loops were easier and faster.

When I first signed up for the tour, I was worried about the physical aspect. I’ve discovered that the long distance was mostly mental work. There were a few hills that I first thought, “There’s no way in he$% I’m making it up that!” But, I kept my head down (so I couldn’t see the incline) and worked on my cadence (the speed that you pedal). The timing trouble I had was when should I stand to give my legs that extra push and what speed should I be at. I have since worked it out and when I was biking last night, I noticed a huge difference.

So, I’m rather proud that I was able to bike 90 km. On Sunday & Monday, I was planning to do more biking but when I woke up, I had no muscle pain/strain to work out and no soreness. I decided against the extra riding and did a whole bunch of stuff around the apartment.

I was in an organizing mood for the rest of the weekend so my place looks rather messy with its piles of stuff everywhere. I should have everything back in its place tonight.

Jerry got home last night so I went up to his place for dinner. We’ll be putting in the garden this weekend so we’re going to postpone the Bragg Creek trip.

Yummy product to tell you about – Astro yogurt. They have a type called “Original All Natural Yogurt” and it’s Balkan yogurt sweetened with honey. I bought it because most of the yogurt in the store was low fat with lots of chemicals in it. I was able to pronounce everything in this yogurt and it tasted delicious. It is a bit runnier than regular yogurt but I liked its texture and the sweetness level.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In typical yogurt I'm fairly sure they add a thickener to make it more custard-y. When I was making our own yogurt a few years ago it was always more runny.

Anne said...

90km- way to go.

In defence of food, a book by micheal POllen. The auther feels we should not eat anything out great grandmother wouldn't reclize. ..and I'm sure he says somewhere if you can't say it, why are you eating it.