Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Feeling sorry for myself

Hi Everyone!

And no, I don't have a legitimate reason for the above title. Jerry's away until next Monday so instead of doing a whole bunch of stuff I've been putting off for a couple months, I vegged in front of the tv last night.

Beautiful day - I put Tammy Faye outside so she can get more light. I'm a bit worried that she's almost 3 ft high and still haven't seen any blossoms on her yet. Tonight I'll be doing some plant tlc and household stuff.

Tomorrow night I'm heading to MEC for an early birthday present to myself. I need some summer bike clothes and a few odds and ends. The clothing may be on the expensive side but it's well worth it. I have clothes that are 8 years old, are in great condition and still have the properties I need (ie moisture wicking, warmth). I've decided this weekend to bike 100 km, 50 km and 100 km. The weather is suppose to be nice - sunny and warm.

Mike and Whiskers were very cute last night. I'm a bit worried about Gilbert. I think there's something wrong with his back left foot. Guinea pigs have 3 nails on their back feet. Although his 1st and 3rd nails look fine, his middle one is twice as thick it should be. As well, the nail itself seems dead and I'm not sure what to do. Guinea pigs do not handle vet visits well because of the stress involved. He doesn't seem to be in pain but I've noticed he laying down more often in his cage than usual. I may be worrying over nothing but he is getting up there in years - he's 4 1/2 years old now. I guess all I can do is monitor the situation and look for any drastic changes in his health.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So very jealus of your long rides- your quads must be huge. Seriously good for you.
anne