Friday, May 02, 2008

A busy week

Hi Everyone!

It's the end of the work week and I just finished processing. A nice way to end the payroll cycle. Spent the week catching up with friends - had coffee on Monday with someone I knew from the Townships Project and had Sherry-Anne (from work) over on Wednesday.

Saw "The Forbidden Kingdom" with Jerry (yes, I think this is the first time I've used his name) last night. He really wanted to see it and since we didn't get to see it last time (it was sold out), I was willing to watch it with no expectations. I had heard some bad reviews but I though it was rather amusing. Good action scenes too.

Will be going to the garden on Saturday to check in with the rest of the group. Already have some seedlings in my window sill. 3 tiny tims, 5-6 corn stalks, 6 cucumber plants, 5-6 acorn squash. Because of the short growing season, the gardening book recommended to start them indoors and then transplant them out after the May long weekend. Tammy Faye, the tomato plant, has reached the window height so I've clipped the top of her branches. She now starting to fill in.

Got a new bike map yesterday so I'm planning out my training rides. Very excited. Thinking about selling Calli. She was a great starter bike but I haven't ridden her since I got Charlotte. She's almost twice the weight. She may look pretty but it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep her in storage rather than have someone ride her. Need to get a new helmet. Didn't have an accident so don't worry. It's that my helmet is 4 years old now and I read they should be replaced every 5 years (don't know if this is true) because of the sun breaking down the plastic and reducing its strength. My reason (other than it's ugly) is that the adjustments can't go any smaller and the band width has stretched over time.

Have a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Seriously I TOTALLY thought his name WAS JAY and you were lazy about writting the whole thing hahah

Karen said...

Actually, it was to protect his privacy.

I have my blog unsearchable but his workplace very much discourages client relationships (which technically we are). However, we always kept our relationship out of the workplace, neither of us directly work with the other anymore, and we've been a couple for over 9 months. I didn't want to risk someone from his work misinterpreting anything if they somehow stumbled across my name.

This is also why I have limited pictures of him online and none of them identify him by name.

I know it seems rather silly but he was very paranoid when we first started dating about not letting any of his collegues know about our relationship. Although it's illegal to fire someone for this, he could have been / can be penalized. I can understand both sides of the situation so I respected his wishes.

I had no problems in my work place since we kept things professional during working hours (and many of my collegues think we're very cute together).

Now pretty well everyone knows (the courier community is small) we're dating and there haven't been any issues. I also suspect his boss knows (but maybe not my name) and decided not to make an issue out of it. I'll be patient though and wait until he is ready to offically introduce me.

So, Jerry now gets mentioned by name in my blog.