Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hump Day!

Hi Everyone!

I generally like Wednesdays - after all, this is the half-way mark of the work week. Was very busy last night and got a lot accomplished.

Picked up the brochures. They look pretty good. Already have a few ideas for the future... Took transit so I ended up getting home the same time as I normally would if I would have walked straight home from work. Did two loads of laundry (my towels were really fluffy this morning - I love the smell of freshly laundered towels). Made one-pan tacos (yummy). Made 3 1/2 dozen muffins for today (banana, chocolate cream-cheese & carrot/pineapple) which turned out well and peanut clusters. Have everything organized for tonight. It was just after midnight when I crawled into bed but Mike was being cuddly and gave me a shoulder massage (and made sure my forehead was very clean!)

A bit tired today but hopefully I can fit in a nap at lunch. Wore my new comfy $16 pants today but they'll need hemming. I was hoping they would shrink enough in the dryer but I still need them raised a bit. I'm making do right now with safety pins.

If I can continue my rant from yesterday...on the news last night, there was a cat that had been deliberately harmed by his owner. Neighbours had called the SPCA after they saw him trying to scald the cat. The cat ended up with burned paws, a broken tail, trauma to his eye, torn lip & ear and possible internal injuries. They think they may need to amputate his tale and he not eating on his own but he looks adorable and they're hoping he will recover enough to be adopted. I think the man has been charged with deliberately harming an animal and faces a $20000 fine if convicted. The SPCA said that incidences like this are rare but after watching the news, I cuddled with Mike until he escaped (not a hug and cuddle kind of cat).

On a happy note, Whiskers was quite comfortable lounging under the piano last night and I didn't have to trick her into her cage. I treated both her and Gilbert with the carrot peelings. She wasn't too happy with me doing laundry - less soft places to lay on.

Have a great day!

No comments: