Monday, April 13, 2009

I passed my exam!

Hello Everyone,

I checked my marks this morning and I got 60% on my re-write final exam. This gives me a pass and a high enough mark to put it toward my CPA certification. It'll take about 6 weeks to get my official transcript then I need another few weeks for paperwork with the CPA. So, my final payroll course (for now) will likely be starting in June.

I'm very relieved. I didn't have the money to retake the course (I'd need to reimburse the company and then apply for the course again). And I tried really hard with the material. It just didn't stick in my brain and I really struggled with it. Jerry is wonderful - the entire time he kept saying, "Don't worry - you can do it. I know you can." So he was my cheerleader the whole time and made sure I kept focus while studying. And, he's looking for the pkg deal at the Fairmont Banff Springs to take me to Banff. I'm very excited.

Easter was good. We (Jerry, Keith - his roommate, Ian - their friend and I) left Thursday night and drove to Castle. Jerry & I left Friday morning and attended a non-denomination service in the morning. Drove up to Lethbridge for turkey dinner. Stopped at the coulee for a hike and I got to go under the railway bridge. It's the longest and highest railway bridge in the world and if you see any tourist brochures from Lethbridge, the bridge is usually a dominate feature. When you drive into the city from the west, you pass it heading in. On Saturday, we lazed around at Jerry's parent's place and I got a bit sunburnt. The weather was lovely and I ended up in shorts. We left Saturday night back to Castle. Snowboarded on Sunday. It was warm and slushy. We waited for the sun to melt the bit of ice on top of the snow until it was mainly soft and wet. Very fast and I had a good fall but since the snow was so soft, there was a lot of give and I'm only a little sore. I was working on speed but pretty well we took it easy. Drove back last night and didn't get into the city until after 11. Extremely tired and the pets were happy to see me.

Allergies acted up as soon as back in the city. Jerry thinks it's probably the snow mould (since it's not my usual time of year for allergies) as it's a very common allergy. Head is all fuzzy and nose running. Eyes a bit itchy and I'm taking allergy medication.

We going climbing tonight. Work out my sore muscles and take the belay test. Oh, and I forgot if I told you already but I also passed my Can-Bike II certification.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Well congratulations on several fronts, then! Go Karen!