Hello Everyone!
So, super busy weekend. Jerry's parents came up on Saturday to celebrate my birthday. I did a mad rush cleaning of my apartment since they've never seen it before. They said it was very cute and were charmed by the furry family. Jerry and I did an Ikea run in the morning and I picked up an outdoor dining set and a bed.
Wasn't expecting to get a bed but they had Malm beds in the As-Is section for $30. They're regular $189. The only problem is that the headboard is "oak" while the side and end are black. But, there are black tones in the "oak" anyways so I couldn't care when it came to the price. My bed was just on the metal frame and no head/foot board. It rattled and moved around and since I toss a little when trying to get to sleep, the noise kept me up. It was ok on carpet at my second place but my first and current places had the locking wheels still moving around. I've now got a little more storage height under the bed and everything is much sturdier.
So the main purpose for the Ikea run was for the outdoor set. I'll take a picture tonight. There's a perfect spot in front of the garden that's sheltered from the wind and gets shade from mid-afternoon onward. It's a wooden set for 4 with 2 chairs and a bench seat. Very comfortable and half the price of the ones I saw at Home Depot. The table can be easily broken down for winter (although with oiling it, it can stay out year round) and if I have a dinner party, I can now have food on the table, rather than just the dishes.The chairs are a bit harder to break down since there are a couple screws in them but I have enough room to store them.
Had a nice visit with Jerry's parents. They watched me build the set and then we all relaxed in the shade. Went to The Keg for my birthday dinner and I thought the portions were huge. I ordered a classic T-bone and the salad was a full Caesar salad as well as a full plate for main course. And then they brought out a slice of ice-cream cake for me. Overall quite yummy but way too much food.
Sunday was the Lilac Festival. I ended up working at a sausage stand with Jerry. His friend owns the business and he needed a few extra helpers. I was cashier. It was long, hot and tiring. I did get to see a bit of the festival but I was too tired to really enjoy it. Got some cotton candy though.
My road rash is healing quickly. Some bruising showed up yesterday but the skin is recovering nicely. I still look a bit worse for wear and I have to watch my knee since that's the one I usually kneal on but I'm back to riding Polly again.
Since I cleaned my apartment for the weekend, I'll have photos to share. I'll post them tonight since Mom reminded me last week that she hasn't seen the place since I moved in.
Have a great day!
Monday, June 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment