Monday, February 25, 2008

A Sleepy Sunday

Hello Everyone!

We didn't end up doing our youth activity after church so I had an afternoon to relax. Instead of my huge list of cleaning/organizing/household stuff I had to do, I slept.

Watched a bit of the Oscars but decided to do my income tax return. I wasn't sure if I was going to get anything back since I overestimated my school deductions on my federal and provincial forms. I have since updated this information. I get a little bit back but in all honesty, it's going straight to bills. It's going to be a very tight next few months but I revised my budget tonight and I have things under control. There's a couple big debts that will be paid off and I've included a mini-vacation in May: Slush Cup in Sunshine Mountain Resort (big party in Banff to close the snowboard/ski season). I'm going to arrange to take the long weekend off from church for it since J should be back in the snow sometime next month (he's been getting a bit grumpy about being stuck in the city).

My mouth is no longer sore but I'll be glad to get the crown on so my gums can heal properly. Went down to Kensington on Friday night with J for a political pub night. Basically, their riding holds regular get-togethers at a local pub for an informal social time. Spent Saturday making signs for his candidate. When the campaign originally started, I wasn't sure how much I would get involved since I'm not a party member and I've had some issues with their past record. However, I really like their candidate and I think she would be a great additional to government. As well, by making signs, it meant I got to spend the day with J rather all alone by myself. I'll be quite happy when this thing is over - our social life is very limited right now and it's getting a bit stressful for J.

Anyways, even though I'm not tired, I need to go to bed. My fabulous nap has messed up my sleep pattern. Oh well, I'll still have enough time for a sleep cycle or 2 so I'll be rested enough for tomorrow. Have a great night/day!

No comments: