Tuesday, August 15, 2006

An exciting weekend

Hi Everyone!

I have lots to write about. I'll start on Friday when it rained.

By the time I got to work, the bottoms of my jeans were wet (despite my umbrella). I got in the office and Lori sent me right back home. It was such a crappy day and there wasn't going to be anything going on that we closed the office for the day. By the time I got back, my jeans were wet half-way up my calf. Rented Syriana and Just Like Heaven. Didn't like Syriana. I was really looking forward to this movie but there was 5 different story lines, all connected, but it was too confusing trying to figure out who was allied with who and who was double-crossing who. Just Like Heaven was a surprise - a fluffy, popcorn movie that I rather enjoyed. Warning: it's a chick flick.

On Saturday, I went to Smiling Buddha and got a tattoo! I've been wanting to get a scallop shell ever since my pilgrimage in Spain but the timing hasn't been right. I now have a pretty little shell, about an inch in diametre on the top of my foot. Smiling Buddha is one of Canada's best tattoo shops and they're as old as I am. On Saturday mornings, they accept walk-ins. The only problem is, they're so famous that when I arrived at 7:30 (they open at 12), there was already a line-up. I was able to get a spot and I love my new tattoo. It hurt but not as much as I expected. The artist I had was very nice and reassuring (and was probably about Mom's age). I need to put healing lotion on it twice a day but I've been able to wear sandals to work without pain.

Sunday was Marda Gras (the community festival in Marda Loop). It was a lovely day and I had my portrait done.

On Monday, I had my friend Julia (from Bethel class) over for evening tea. It was very nice to have company and we drank Dry Desert Lime. It's chocked full of vitamin C.

On a sad note: my new fish and Rainbow passed away. I now suspect that the psycho fish had an illness that they're immune to but made everyone else sick. I think I'll wait for a while before I get more fish again.

Have a great day!

No comments: