Hello Everyone,
We have a new addition to the household - Willie. Willie is our xbox Kinect. Jerry adopted him on Saturday.
I've actually had a lot of fun with Willie. I'm not a video game person so I think xbox designed Kinect for someone like me. In my non-technical jargon, it's like a video camera that scans you, figures out how far away you are and then puts your image on the tv screen. Last night I was doing the work-out game. The scan was rather unflattering but realistic to what my body shape actually is. When you wave to Willie, your image waves too. I had a lot of fun with the work outs and the games they had. I was playing the adventure game on Saturday where if you flap your arms, you can fly and pop bubbles.
Jerry told me he bought the Kinect for me. His "reasoning" - so I could work out without going to the gym. lol - he's been eyeing up both this and the wii for a year or so. And with the xbox, he can still play his shoot the aliens and decapitate the orcs with a sword games.
Have a great day!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've recently started looking at the Kinect for the boys to play with. Game controllers are too big for their hands and they aren't coordinated enough yet to work them well or understand well how to use them. Ken's not convinced it'll work for them or their'll be games they'd like, but it does look like fun. Ethan especially has been really into family game time (board games) so it seems like something that work for us. What do you think?
There's still not a lot of games out there yet but I've really enjoyed the couple we have so far. They'd be able to catch on the Adventure game quite quickly. I wasn't too impressed with the track & field but the bowling was fun.
I like it because you're not just sitting on the couch. And I think the boys would enjoy seeing their actions show up on the screen.
Post a Comment