Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Getting ready for class tonight

Hi Everyone!

Work's winding down for the day and I'll be heading home in a few minutes. Finished my homework over lunchhour (I tend to gather my written thoughts better under pressure). Made my Hazelnut cake last night. It has an odd texture but I removed them from the pans this morning and the crumbs tasted fine. It's strange that there was no flour in the recipe. Anyways, have everything ready to go at home to make the mocha whipped icing. I should even be able to fit in my journal writing (I tend to do it last minute so I have all of my thoughts for the week) and a light supper.

Yesterday I had an interesting conversation about fuzzy socks. I'm talking about the warm fluffy socks for women that feel like the're from a chenille sweater and they feel as if they're giving your feet happy little hugs. They don't make these type of socks for men! I tried explaining my pleasure to the guys at work and they gave me blank looks. So, after work, I headed down to The Bay. I think this would be a great product for men (after all, why should they have to suffer with icky harsh cotton socks). If anyone knows where fuzzy socks exist for men, let me know so I can get a couple Christmas presents for work!

After my fruitless search, I headed down to the make-up counter. I had bought some eye shadow last week and was quite happy with it. The name of the manufacturer is Shiseido and they're Japanese. Anyways, I was looking for something less neutral and the girl did an amazing job. She repeatedly showed my how to apply the look and how to incorporate the colours I already had. As part of the eye makeover, she also curled my eyelashes. I've never had that done before. It didn't hurt and there was a noticeable difference. The only problem I had was when she was touching up the mascara and the wand made a downward pressure on the lash. That surprisingly hurt. So far I've had amazing service from them. The eyeshadow glides on very nice, it doesn't feel heavy and blends nicely. Highly recommended.

Have a great day!

No comments: