Tuesday, October 02, 2012
Already October
Hello Everyone,
It was a bit of a shock yesterday when I looked at the date and realized it was October. Wow did September ever go quickly.
I'm now it the routine of a full-time student. My schedule works pretty well:
Monday - morning work, afternoon class
Tuesday - afternoon class (morning is study time)
Wednesday - morning work, afternoon class
Thursday - morning work, afternoon class
Friday - morning class (afternoon is study time)
So far I am enjoying my courses, the instructors are good and my classmates are friendly. I'm around the average age so I only feel old if I head down to the cafeteria.
That first week though, boy did I feel stupid. There's apparently a term for that first week-fuzzy headness that happens when you're thrown into a new situation. I don't remember its name but I certainly experienced it. Everything blurred together and thank goodness for my cell phone because my schedule was programed into it. I love Google Calender.
As for the rest of the month, we've been settling into a fall routine. This past weekend was special as Jerry's niece got married in Waterton. We went down to Fort Macleod on Thursday (wedding was Friday) and stayed at the trailer. We spent Friday & Saturday with Lois and Jillisa (my grand-niece) and went hiking at Red Rock Canyon. It was really pretty. The leaves were trying their darnest to have lots of colour and although there wasn't the pretty reds, the yellows were lovely. We winterized the trailer on Sunday and then came home.
We have inherited the trailer and trailer spot. The trailer spot is free for next year (Lois had won a contest for free rent in 2013). The trailer is older than me but it's a great location and Jerry has lots of fond memories. The lot is in a recreational campground and is fairly large. We're going to make a few changes inside but the trailer's getting too old to move so we'll look at our options in a couple years.
And I have a new computer. Stupid shopping channel. I'm not a fan of Dell, based on dealing with them with my last laptop. But, there was a great deal on an all-in-one and interest-free easy pays made it really affordable. So far I really like it and it's got a huge screen. Much easier for schoolwork than my netbook.
We're hosting Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. We'll cook the turkey on Saturday to take away the stress. I got a call tonight for a last-minute fill in as the pianist in church so hopefully my planning will still work out. Jerry laughs at my spreadsheets but it makes things a lot easier for me.
The weather has been quite warm and today was the first day we had to shut the windows. A cold front came through and then temperature dropped 15 C.
Have a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
October, I'm sure, will be a whiz-through, too.
I'm also in love with Google Calendar.
Post a Comment