Hello everyone,
I've been taking a staycation this week and it's been wonderful. I was able to study for both my final quiz and exam. I'm happy with my overall mark, A- which has boosted my confidence in going back to school. I got my acceptance letter this week and I need to make my super final decision by February 3, when the initial deposit is due. I know it seems silly but I got butterflies when I saw the envelope.
I went to Ikea on Wednesday and got the cool Wacky Wednesday deal. We now have a nice 4 1/2' high dark brown shelving unit. It has a door on the bottom where Whiskers' food is now being stored. I moved items from the bookcase that was there and have arranged them on the new unit. I think it looks much better because the sides are open. It also ties in with our other furniture because most of it is dark. I was quite happy to get it and enjoyed the $1.99 breakfast with my friend. Oh, and the bookcase is being moved today into the bedroom.
I've also done a lot of laundry and today is my major cleaning, organizing, drive the pets crazy day.
On the weekend, we went down to Castle Mountain for a fundraiser for a friend of Jerry's. I went snowboarding on Saturday and then borrowed a pair of skiis on Sunday. It confirmed what I suspected in that I'm a lot more comfortable with skiis. So, I'll sell my snowboard equipment and pick up some used/last season stuff over the summer. I really wanted to like it for Jerry's sake but I prefer the control of skiing. And although Jerry seemed a bit disappointed, he was happy that it meant I would still play on the mountain. It was also nice that even though I hadn't been on skiis for 10 years, I was still able to make my Ss, and V stop. And the few times I did fall, it didn't hurt like snowboarding. When you fall on a snowbard, you often somersault, get a sore neck and wack your head (which is still felt wearing a helmet). When I fell on skiis, I just fell into the mountain on my side, which didn't hurt. A little bit harder on the knees but there are exercises I can do to build up muscle to prevent that. And much easier on the chair lift.
Have a great day!
Friday, January 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment