Hello Everyone,
Jerry & I went through our expenses and we've found some savings. We are saying good-bye to our landline and going with Skype for long distance. We both have cell phone anyways. If you want to "call" us, you can either call our cells or use Skype. It's free to set up an account and it's free to call other Skype members. Our "phone number" is JerryKaren00Meow. And no, I didn't come up with that. It's why I love my husband so much. We have a Skype phone on order (one that can be used for both Skype and for a traditional phone line)that comes with a year of free local/long distance anywhere in Canada & US. In the meanwhile, we have a headset that should work. It's all very new to me but it sounds promising.
We're also getting rid of our cable. We picked up a little dish & bunny ears (it sits on the mantle) and are able to get the 5 major channels. Everything else we can either view directly online or download. And, we're thinking about Netflicks since I upgraded our internet to the next level and we can watch it through our XBox.
Oh, and I'm also going to switch cell phone companies. I've been with Rogers for 12 years and it's time for a change. Especially for the type of usage I have. Virgin has options that are about $10/month cheaper and no contract. I should be switching next month so I'll keep you up to date.
Ah, technology...
Monday, January 09, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We've been without cable tele for a few years now and using netflix is awesome! I highly suggest it, as the selection is wiiiide and interesting. It's helped the boys refine their tastes (Dinosaur documentaries, old cartoons - Pink Panther, Heathcliff - for Victor, Star Trek, How It's Made, and Vehicle shows for Ethan). They also get to watch Canadian shows, which I love (Ruby Gloom has been watched so many times I've memorized much of it).
I've used Skype, and have an account, though haven't logged on much lately. I like it, though. I'll add you to my list!
Post a Comment