Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Things coming along

Hello Everyone,

I did a big school push last night and finished the assignment I needed to do for my payroll course last week. So, I'm rather tired today but it's one less thing on my mind. My course was on benefits and compensation and was more interesting than I expected. Basically I learned about group benefits packages - health, dental, flex plans, life insurance, etc. My final assignment was to advise a new owner what kind of package would be suitable for his company.

Tomorrow is Mike's annual vet appointment. Hopefully he's on his best kitty behaviour.

I've started changing our utilities over to the new address. We get possession as of the 1st (maybe sooner). I'm very super excited. Since it's not far from our current place, I'll move little things each night using my little old lady cart. We can also move boxes in Jerry's cargo bike as it can hold 5 file boxes. We also brought our diningroom table set home that way in the fall. That will leave just a few large items that we'll need a vehicle for. Jerry hopes to borrow a truck from work. I have someone from work interested in taking our garden.

No plans for the long weekend. I am having an IUD insertion on the Thursday so I plan to take it easy. Jerry hopes to go to the mountains and snowboard down Rae Glacier. I have no desire to see snow in summer. It will mean quiet time for moving a few things, study time and I can complete my final assignment for Statistics. After this course, I think I'll take a month or two off. I need a break. I will be at the almost half-way point of my studies - 6 classes done, 7 to go once that course finishes up.

It was a rainy weekend and we were in Lethbridge visiting Jerry's family. Our rental had a sun roof and I had a lot of fun playing with it. If you stick your hands up and down, the person driving can feel it in the steering wheel. Today looks like a nice day and we finally have some proper sun.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anne said...

You know you are not getting any younger. Just because you think you can have kids a few years from now doesn't mean you actually can. My best friend had to do invitro and she had sucess cause she was young when she realised she could not have children. Belieive me I know there is never a perfect time to have children but I don't want you to look back with regret. I think you would make a good parent so just looking out for you.

Karen said...

We are not planning to have biological children. I do think we would make good parents and are looking to adopt in a couple years.

Jerry had older parents and he feels he missed a lot of experiences because of it. I'm the stable income earner and don't like babies. It sounds horrible but I do not have patience when trying to communicate with them.