Hello Everyone,
I went back to the naturopath yesterday and got my results. The good news is that all my organs are working properly. The red flags that went up were deficient vitamin B12 & D. My iron was a bit low but still in the acceptable range (since I'm not trying to get pregnant). And my glucose tolerance showed something I already knew. Everyone once in a while, I'll get a hot flash that hits me, I get dizzy and I need to eat something asap - as in really asap. It's why I have juice or snacks with me when I go anywhere that won't have immediate food access. It's happened enough times for me to know the signs and it's caused by low blood sugar. So, the dr confirmed that I should carry something with me.
So, I continue with no wheat for 4 more weeks and then most likely back to normal. If my energy level doesn't continue to increase and the weight start coming off, then I may need to stay off wheat for longer and have more testing done.
I don't know a lot about vitamin B12 except it's not common to have a deficiency. I now have to take 1 ml in a dropper under my tongue each day. Is there a trick to this? I tried it this morning, could only fill the dropper half way (so, had to do 2 doses), the liquid bounced against the bottom of my mouth and then over my tongue into the cavity of my mouth (instead of sitting under there nicely for absorption).
And vitamin D I'm not too surprised about. Although I rarely wear sunscreen (and don't harp on me for this - my sun exposure is limited and I do it intentionally to get vitamin D), Calgary is quite a bit north from Chesley. And I eat yougurt rather than drink a glass of milk or fortified orange juice. So, it's 4 drops of vitamin D under my tongue - which was much easer than the above.
So, I get to stop taking the super crazy probiotic stuff and use 1 bottle now of a lesser strength. Continue with omega 3 pills. And 1 pill with each meal to help break down the food components. And these vitamin supplements. Overall things will be easier because the instructions don't have a waiting period for prescriptions.
And, as my energy increase, to start exercising again. Dr would like me to eventually sweat 3 times a week by the time I go back to her in 4 weeks. This is ok with me since I knew exercise would be a component.
So, the above all seems a bit complicated to me but I want to give it a full try. She wants me to keep taking a probiotic for as long as I'm on birth control (because it apparently can cause issues) but to stay on the pill for the time being. I'm not getting bloated after meals now. And my energy level has noticeably increased. I think the pill that breaks down food will be stopped at some point and I'm not sure about the omega 3s. The dosage of everything is higher than on all the bottles so I'm hoping that will decrease too.
Oh, and on my next 4 weeks of no wheat, if I do slip up, she told me to slip up good and make it worth my while - like a big loaf of Italian bread :-)lol
Have a great day!
Wednesday, September 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't (*) wear sunscreen either. I've read studies that show most sunscreens don't protect *nearly* as well as they suggest they do, and the chemicals in them are pretty nasty (carcinogens, endocrine blockers, etc) just like hand sanitizers.
*I did put aside this and wore some at the beach this summer and got burned anyways, so bugger the lot of them!
Post a Comment