Sunday, June 06, 2010

Scroll down to my profile photo

Hello Everyone!

It's been a whirlwind lovely week.

Jerry proposed last Sunday afternoon. We had some friends over for lunch and then Jerry told me he had something to show me in the backyard.

I had thought maybe something new in the garden came up.

When I came out, there was a bicycle.

So I went jumping and bouncing over to it.

And then Jerry came over and handed me a ring and said, "and there's a ring to go with it."

Awwwwww!!!

Yes, so I jumped up and down, did lots of giggling.

Oh, and yes, after he gave me the ring our friends made him get down on one knee in the wet grass to do it properly.
So, the ring is a proxy ring until we find the right one. He had been looking for one "for a while" but didn't find anything that was just right. And then he found it outside his office on Friday. It is a very pretty ring and I love the story behind it.

So, nothing decided yet. Initial plans are a destination wedding in February. And then a reception in Lethbridge and in Chesley. I get really stressed when planning events and organizing things so I like the idea of not having anything to stress over. We can combine the wedding and honeymoon for about the same price as a nice wedding in Calgary. I also think it is very suiting to start our marriage in a new place, unknown to both of us, so we have opportunities to explore and build our life together.

So, that's enough mushy stuff for now. I made Mom wait a week before telling anyone since I wanted that time for everything to sink in. And it was nice to have that time for Jerry and I to talk about what we want.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations Karen...I am so happy for you!

Kelly said...

You were right, the ring is lovely. Congratulations again! :)

Aimer said...

Holy Cow! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!