Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Nice Day

Hello Everyone,

The pressure from last week is now off so today is going well. It was down to the wire though on Monday to make sure everyone got paid on time. Not a situation I like to be. Got my other payroll done yesterday so I have no official deadline until next week.

Over did it at yoga on Monday and my shoulders are angry with me. We don't have class next week (Family Day) so I'll be able to take a bit more time to recover.

Went to Kensington neighbourhood on Saturday with Jerry. Tried out some bike trainers and strolled around. Lots of fun. I have one more trainer to try out (probably tomorrow night) and then I'll make my decision on the weekend.

Jerry's planning to buy a motorcycle with a side car, namebrand "Ural" in the next few months so we need to start studying for our beginner's license. Although you can be a beginner using your regular driver's licence, we will be taking classes, which require the official beginner's license. I can write the test across the street and will probably do so next month. I think Jerry was quite surprised I'm willing to go along with his idea. The thing is, we don't need a car yet, a motorcycle with side car will fit both of us with our camping gear and this motorcycle is designed for all-season travel. It's made in Russia, originally for the military so Jerry would be able to do all the mechanical stuff. I'll keep you updated with how things go.

Work approved my back to school request. Not sure if I told you about this. Athabasca University has a Certificate in Management Applications that I'm enrolling in. Classes are online or by correspondence so I'd be a part-time student. Since 3 of the 10 courses are required by the CPA (Canadian Payroll Association), it made sense to get an additional certification. It offers a wide over-view of several business-related topics that I think will be quite interesting. My first course will be Computer and Management Information Systems Supporting End-User Computing. I think this and the other computer course that I'm required to take will be the most uninteresting but likely the most important courses I take. Who knows - maybe they'll find a way to make computer stuff interesting.

Getting excited for the weekend. I have a car rented and we're off to Banff for snowshoeing. I have both Friday and Tuesday booked off so it'll be a nice break.

Have a great day!

No comments: