Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Travel Changes

Hello Everyone,

We had to rebook our flights because of work time-off issues. All is sorted out and we're now coming out a month later.

Fly into Ottawa late July 28. Fly back late Aug 9. Jerry has never been to Ottawa and he's involved with politics so this was something he requested. Since he is willing to be bombarded with family, I am more than willing to accommodate this. So, we'll spend a day or 2 in Ottawa, take the train over to Toronto, spend a day or 2 there while he does business stuff. Head up to the cottage to see everyone. He hasn't really seen Ontario except for Toronto.

So if you have suggestions for things to do, let me know. I don't know Ottawa at all - went there for grade 8 trip to parliment buildings. So, maybe some relaxing activities to do after we tour the government stuff.

As for Chesley area, I was thinking Ingils Falls/Owen Sound (did lots of hiking there), Sauble beach and Lake Huron, tours around town etc. As part of travelling from the cottage, we'll stop by Blue Mountain. Where do you usually take visitors to the area? It's the whole, I grew up there so I don't have the perspective as to what's interesting.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Anne said...

The caves north of wiarton..
http://brucepeninsula.net/photos/BruceCaves/index.html

Greigs caves- Lionshead
http://www.greigscaves.com/May30Photos.htm

Flowerpot island caves..We like caves

The grotto..

I find the hiking around owen sound too tame.. north of wiarton much better. Although for a boy from the mountains, perhaps it will all be too borring.

Anne said...

Oh and our house...

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen

We recommend Avation Museum and Museum of Civilization and the new War Museum and the Parlimnent Hill tours, in Ottawa. If you are interested take the train to Kingston and come visit here in Kingston and do Fort Herny, do a Kington Cruise or Gananoque tours, and History of downtown Kington...Andrew is said to try web site www.ontariotravel.net for other ideas.