Sunday, November 09, 2008

Prom

So, here we are at prom. I've resigned myself to helmet hair (aka very flat). I did fix my bangs a bit later once I found a mirrot.
And Jerry was so sweet! He got me a corsage because he wanted me to have a proper prom. I have them in my freezer now to preserve them. I think he's caught on that I really love flowers.
I ended up wearing the gold dress. It was the perfect dress for this type of thing. Because of the odd hemline and brightness, it's something you can only wear to a few events. And with the eclectic, individualistic crowd, it worked perfectly. And it was easy to bike in.
The prom was at the local bike messenger hang-out bar. There was a very loud band that played some type of heavy/thrash rock music. Whatever it is where you can't understand the lyrics and the "singer" screams into a microphone. It's not my taste but if you listened to the voice as if it were an instrument, it made an interesting blend with the guitars and I did think they were a good band. It was also the world premier of "The Courier Always Bites Twice." Yep, a really bad zombie movie. Jerry and Keith (roommate) were zombies and it was quite funny. Once it goes on YouTube, I'll let you know. Not appropriate for younger audiences.
After prom, we went for Chinese. There's a restaurant near Jerry's place that's open really late. We got there about 1:15 am and we were the last customers to be served. The food was really good - definitely hit the spot.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hey you look FANTABULUS, and I am seriously jeualus seeing as I never went to prom. I did not get a chance to say how much I LOVE the siliver dress. I think the neck line ia amazing on you...and siliver is always in.