Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Dress choices

Hi! So, I need your help. I took pictures of me in my dress and have a bunch of formalish occasions to attend. Ignore the terrible posing and camera angle - I wanted to show off the dress. Each dress has a matching organza wrap. All of them also have fabric in the back that turns into a belt & bow. The back is also plain - nothing interesting.


It's a red-orange colour. No sequins (I removed them) but some interesting fabric patterns. A very bold dress.


Sequins and fun fabric. I really like this dress.


There's some beadwork along the horizontal lines of the dress but it's hard to see in the photo. The detail on the side is a flower. Not entirely sure if I like it.


Super fun dress. It changes colour in the light but it's mainly gold to magenta.


Here are the events:
Prom (on Friday) - Jerry is wearing grey and steel blue. I could wear the grey to go with his clothes. I could wear the red to stand out from his clothes. Or I could wear the gold because it's fun.
Akita Christmas party - I think I'll wear the green
Jerry's Christmas party - quite a bit more informal than mine. Maybe the red. Can't wear the same dress as at prom.
possible political holiday party - not sure of formality. Could wear a dress but if informal, I have suitable clothes.
New Years - have no idea for plans. Likely can't wear the same outfit as prom or Jerry's Christmas party.
Valentine's Day - Will likely be on a snowboarding weekend. Could pack one of these dresses - surprisingly they pack down very easily. But weather may dictate a warmer outfit.
All dresses are bikeable. That was one of the criteria. All are very comfortable and I have fabulous shoes to go with them all. And, in the summer, I can wear them any time I want to feel pretty.
So, if any one them catches your eye or looks more suitable to an occasion, please let me know. Or, if you think any of them are tacky/hideous, you can also tell me. Trust me, I won't be offended. After all, I could turn it into a costume for Hallowe'en next year. lol - I know I have a weakness for sequins and sparkles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't respond yesterday, we had dinner guests.

Love the green dress and the gold/magenta one.

Prom - wear the gold/magenta because it's fun. Prom should be fun, not necessarily matchy-matchy.
Akita Christmas party - that or red since it's Christmas and should be flashy.
Jerry's Christmas party - go for the red if you don't do it at the Akita Christmas party.
possible political holiday party - political parties should always be ere'd on the side of caution - aka go for the more formal and wear a dress. One of the fun ones, though.
New Years - Silver! Definately.
Valentine's Day - don't worry about "warmer" since that's a) what Jerry's noble offer of his jacket to warm you is for and b) that's what hot toddy's are for! Wear whatever feels sexiest.

I must say I'm not as keen on the red though maybe with some accessories it'd be different (and different shoes - red and high to show off your legs). I don't like the silver at all, but I don't think I've ever liked a silver dress I've ever seen so that's likely me.

You will take pictures for each event and share, won't you?

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen

I would have to agree with Kelly. I really like the gold/megenta one on you.
Have fun at Prom