Hello Everyone!
The week has been flying by – only two more sleeps until the ride. Jerry was over last night for dinner. We had salad, chicken cacciatore and lava cakes with ice-cream. I mention the salad as it was an organic kit with the outer packaging made out of corn starch. It looks like clear plastic and was twice the price of salad-in-a-bag but I was curious. Overall, I wasn’t too fussy on the dressing – too runny and although I like the packaging innovation, I’m not sure I would buy it again. The chicken came from one of Nigella’s recipes. It was very delicious. I cheated with the lava cakes, thanks to Dr. Oetker and I thought it was rather clever how they were made. Basically, they’re brownies cooked at a very high temperature so the middle lava part is batter that didn’t have time to bake. Yum!
I got Charlotte inspected for the ride on Tuesday night and I needed to change her brake pads. No problems with that – although the technician gave me a hard time about it and I was given the impression he didn’t believe I knew how to do this. It’s a very easy maintenance task but since I needed him to stamp my inspection, I ignored his attitude.
The cucumbers didn’t survive the transplant so I’m giving up on them at my place. I planted a whole bunch of garlic instead. I figured it would add some greenery to the flowerbed and it’s also practical.
The youth service went excellent! I’m very proud of the group. They were a bit nervous but the service flowed well and they got lots of complements after. The congregation was very positive and they appreciated the hard work that the youth put into the service. Afterward we hung out outside, playing a form of tag on the playground equipment and just generally relaxing. I think they needed it – youth have so much on their plates that sometimes they just need some “no pressure” time.
As much as I enjoyed working with them, I’ll be glad for the end of the month. This way, I can attend church because I want to, not because I have to. Also, if I want to take a weekend off to play in the mountains, I can. It was very restricting and I was working 6 days a week. Yes, I needed the extra money to cover my expenses when I originally got the position but now I make (just) enough to pay my bills working at Akita. Yes, it’ll mean sticking very close to my budget and watching my spending but I think it’ll be good for my overall well-being.
Whiskers got into my room this morning so I was late getting to work. I think she can hear when the door shuts but doesn’t catch. In these cases, she can knock the door enough to open it and hop under/in the bed. She didn’t hop up into the box spring luckily and it only took a few minutes (and bribes) to get her out. Silly bunny,
Have a great day!
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well how did it go...photos please.
Post a Comment