Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Baa Baa Sheep

Mary had a little lamb,
little lamb,
little lamb.
Mary had a little lamb
That was so very yummy!

Yep, Nigella's good. The recipe turned out like in the picture. It was very moist and flavourful. I put it in the oven like she said and pulled it out when the timer went off. No basting, turning, checking. The only problem I had was with all the juice. Jerry thickened it a bit for me (to make it part jus since it wasn't quite a gravy although he had some fancy name for it). I was so-so on the beans that she said to serve with it but they're still something I'm getting used to as a potato substitute.

Had a baby radish leave salad - from the garden. When the leaves are very small, they aren't prickly yet. We tried it with poppyseed dressing and it was quite delicious.

So, for anyone looking for a great recipe book, pick up Nigella's Express cookbook.

No comments: