Hi Everyone!
In a grumpy mood today - haven't slept well for the past couple days. Two nights ago (to be precise, morning), I woke up to thunder again and then the sound of "drip". My bedroom has a leak. It was about 1:30am so I stumbled around to find something to catch the water. Not too successful but was so tired I just moved into the livingroom and slept on the futon.
Called into work yesterday and explained the situation. Went back to sleep. Left a message for my landlord (and again this morning) but haven't heard anything back from her yet.
In the afternoon, I took a closer look at the leak. It's located above my window (not the seal - about a couple inches above). I removed the blinds and saw water leaking from the holes where the screws held up the brackets. Because it is located right where my sliding windows meet, you can't fit a bucket there. I now have an egg carton rigged out on an angle with a weight on the inner window ledge. It catches the water but I don't know how long it'll last. I'm at work today but I'm still tired and *&^% off about the leaking.
On a happy note, there was lots of noise down in the basement from about mid-morning until 10pm last night. I went down to look after choir and I saw the mud gone from the floor. Maybe they're actually doing something about it.
Put up my signs for the yard sale. Used clear plastic bags to cover the paper. Stopped by the vet to get Mike more food and I also got him a laser pointer. He loves it!
Have a better day than me!
Friday, June 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment