Sunday, June 11, 2006

The first time my computer's been on in a month

Hi Everyone!

I know I haven't been writing lately but when you're staring at a monitor for 10 hours, the last thing you want to do when you finally get home is stare at another one.

It's been an overcast/rainy week and I'm watching 8 Mile and eating watermelon. I finally got around to painting my closets today so I just have a bit of trim left to do and then I'm done my major make-over. I was planning to hold a yard sale yesterday but the weather just didn't co-operate. I've now got boxes covering my livingroom floor filled with stuff. It's driving me (and the furry family) crazy. At least everything is sorted by price so all I have to do is put stickers on everything.

Have another new addition to the household. Buddy (the black snail) joined the fish tank (or should it be called a "creature tank") last weekend. He's doing a great job of eating the algae so I don't have to clean it. The psycho fish haven't bothered him either. I had bought a couple algae eaters a few weeks ago but they were dead within hours.

Saw a rainbow earlier this evening.

Things still busy at work. All of my lackeys have left me (medical issues, family issues & custody issues) so it's back to answering the phones for me. We've got a couple days left of weed control to do (that we couldn't at all last week-rain/wind) so things should start to calm down soon. I think it'll still be a couple more weeks of 10 hour days but things should be good after that.

Basement flooded (yet again). The stairwell is quite humid and stuffy so I'm keeping my window open and wearing a sweater to keep the apartment liveable.

Bethel class has ended. We had a wrap-up barbeque on Wednesday. I'm going to miss the classes - I learned a lot and I enjoyed meeting everyone. There's also only two choir practises left so my schedule will open up dramatically for the summer. It'll be nice to have some evenings for myself but I sometimes get lost without a steady schedule.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things continue to go well, hon. I was a teeeeny bit worried, but figured you were just busy. So what're you going to do with your time now that you're done your make-over and bethel class is finished and work is soon to stop occupying so much of your time?