Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wedding Anniversary

Hello Everyone, Yesterday Jerry and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. It was a lovely day. I managed to make him speechless lol. So, we're not big into presents (we tend to do "experiences") but I still wanted to surpirse him with something. I found someone on Etsy to make bicycle print hankerchiefs (cotton is the 2nd anniversary traditional present) and got a groupon to name a star after him. It was the star that threw him, which made me happy since he's really hard to buy for. It's a symbolic purchase but he likes stargazing and I though it would be nice. Yippee for groupons! That's what most of our anniversary was all about. For dinner, we used one to try a new restaurant. It was a tasting menu with wine. We chose 4 plates and had 2 oz of wine with each to sample. There was crab cakes (much better than I thought they'd taste), baked brie with cranberries and crostinis, smoked duck with carmelized onions on crostinis, and bacon wrapped steak on a skewer. Dessert was an oreo mousse in a shot glass with a truffle and a sample of port. It was a lovely time and a great anniversary treat. To celebrate, we're using another groupon for a trip to Las Vegas. We're headed to Treasure Island tomorrow and will see Mystere (Cirque du Soleil) on Saturday. We have groupons for a sightseeing bus and dinner. Jerry also has one for a shooting range, while I have to pay full price to be pampered at the spa. All in all, I would say I like groupons but you need to know your prices and I find they have to be things you would normally do/buy anyways for them to be worthwhile. This is reading week for me and I've really enjoyed the time off. I'm working, which is good for the budget, but it's been nice not to have homework in the evening. Although, I do need to do a bit tonight in preparation for next week. I have about 2 months left of class and then my practicum for May. It's pretty neat listening to the recordings as there are so many things I can here now that I couldn't in the fall. But still so much to learn. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I prefer experiences over gifts, too, but it's not often we can do so (note: children == buzz kills or anchors).

Enjoy the show!

Anne said...

i want to hear how your trip went?