Monday, March 12, 2012

Sore Thumb

Hello Everyone,

We had a nice weekend at Castle. It was too warm & rainy on Saturday to ski so we went into Pincher Creek to browse around. On Sunday, it was a bit cooler and there was some snowfall late morning. Jerry went off snowboarding and I went skiing.

Had three really good runs and I did my first blue (intermediate) run on skis. After that, my last two runs were not so good. I had two big falls that made me lose a ski and it took a bit to get my foot locked back in. The second time was on a steep part of the hill and I ended up injuring my thumb. I was on the incline and using my pole for balance when the ski slipped and I jammed my thumb on the pole. From what I read, I think I have a minor sprain, aka skier's thumb. It's achy and it's difficult to flip papers (which is part of my work task today). I'll take an ibuprofin when I get home and maybe ice it if it still hurts later but there's not much I can do anyways.

Have a good day!

No comments: