Monday, July 04, 2011

busy weekend

Hello Everyone,

So we have everything that requires a truck now in the new apartment. I am tired, sore and bruised. But, I'm glad that's done and we can slowly put the little things in. I can only do an hour or so each night until Wednesday as I have my exam that night. We have a lot of down-sizing to do.

I spent Friday bringing small items over in the cargo bike. Jerry got his mountain time and had fun playing on a glacier. Some of the loads were up to 200 lbs and because of its design, I didn't have a problem. I moved mostly boxes but Jerry moved the bed frame and kitchen table for me. I then brought over the kitchen chairs.

Thursday was my IUD insertion and it suprised me how bad I felt afterward. I didn't take ibuprofen beforehand like they recommended as I thought it was only to handle the cramps of the other prescription I took. It turns out I should have because it would have already been in my system and made everything less painful. The procedure was very quick but afterward I felt nausous, weak, sleepy, crampy and irritable. Luckily I brought a very supportive friend and I felt better once the ibuprofen kicked in. Oh, and the ice-cream. I recovered quickly though and felt fine Friday afternoon.

Mike the bulimic kitty is rather upset with the crazy household. Whiskers doesn't seem to mind as we have been leaving her outside to play. Mike has been hiding in various rooms, gobbling down his food and then promptly throwing it up on our stuff.

This weekend we plan to cycle to Banff and back. It will be a crazy long bike ride and I'm a bit nervous of the distance - 130km each way. It's a climb up but Jerry keeps telling me the ride back is quite quick.

Have a great day!

No comments: