Hello Everyone,
Ah, the things I do to be a good girlfriend. Jerry had wanted to do a cleanse since back in the spring but this was the first opportunity that worked for both of us. Luckily, as far as cleanses go, this one is rather flexible. You take herbal supplements with your breakfast and supper for 12 days. During this time, no sugar, dairy, yeast or flour. This is surprisingly a lot of food. As well, eat as much fish as you like but limit your other protein to 20% of your diet. Today is day 2. I'm eating stupid soup. Feeling ok - energy a bit lower than usual but I'm not in my usual diet-change grumpy mood.
But, Jerry was very sweet last week. I typed up some stuff for him and afterward, I sent an e-mail saying I wanted coffee and flowers the next day. He brought breakfast with my coffee and got me a beautiful bouquet. He seemed a bit confused about my flower request. Through the entire time we've been dating, he's never given me flowers. I've tried the subtle approach and got fed up. I later explained to him that yes, the fruit bouquets he got me were very nice (the practical side of him thought this would be better since you got to eat the bouquet). I then agreed with him that flowers were completely impractical and I loved them. So, hopefully he finally understands the importance of flowers and I won't have to ask for them again in the future. As a bit of a background, I've been helping him with some business computer stuff so my week nights have been in front of a computer. And I was tired and needed to feel special. And he remembered I mentioned daisies.
Polly's a fun ride. Jerry also bought me cages last week (yep, I was spoiled on Thursday). I've tried them out since the weekend and they make a huge difference. Basically, they're a cage that's attached to your pedal so you can slip your shoe into it. The cage helps you to keep your foot on the pedal and helps with hills. I can now also pull up as well as push down when going up hill. For down hill, I don't need to brake quite as much as I can do the reverse. I'm rather sore as it reminded me of leg muscles I forgot existed and I also did my first brake skid. I was practising them on Friday night and the muscles in my arms are still angry with me. It's amazing how many more muscles you use when riding a fixed gear rather than a free wheel.
And I'm going to the prom. Jerry asked me. The couriers put on a prom in November so I went to ebay to find a suitable dress. I have several coming from UK that are pretty, formal and completely bikeable in!
Have a great day!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so how is the pooh fest going??
The countdown is on - I'm finished on Friday at 00:00.
Yep, well a cleanse really does clean everything out of you. Yuck
Energy levels are up, I've lost about 7 lbs (about 4 were water retention). Food is bland but at least I'm not hungry.
Angry that I have to limit my food selections.
Post a Comment