To celebrate Birthday Cake Sunday at church, I made a caterpillar. It was a big hit and super easy to make. I cheated by using a mix and it took less than 15 minutes to decorate.
Make a cake in a bundt pan. Cut the bottom 1/3 off (as in straight across). The top 2/3s will be the arc. Cut the 1/3 piece in half - this will be the head and tail. I ended up trimming the head and tail a bit so it was flush with the body. Ice with a small tub of Cool Whip. I used long skewers with jube jubes on them for aentennas, jube jube eyes and marshmallow legs. The red stripes are Licorice pull-aparts. When I made the cake, I added a package of green jello so the middle looked green when you ate it (like when you squish a caterpillar).
I love the Kraft website!
1 comment:
That's just brilliant!! I hope I remember all that when it's time to make Ethan's birthday cake this year! How fun!
(!!!!!! - in case you needed more) ;)
Post a Comment