Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labour Day!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday.

I took it easy and stayed around the apartment. Did some major reorganizing/house cleaning in my room. Got rid of 3 garbage bags of stuff I no longer needed (but wouldn't be useful to charity) and two boxes worth of recycling. I'm such a pack rat! It felt great though to go through everything - I only do it once a year and it was getting bad. Did some re-organization of storage and I think this'll work much better.

Got all but 1 book for school from Chapters. The final one should arrive this week. The books from Abebook should be here in the next week.

Lovely weather - warm (but not hot). It's getting a bit cool at night and I'm needing a jacket for my bike ride in the morning.

Work's going well. I've been getting some extra training as I'm filling a different position in the new year for a month. I've got more this week so I'll be busy.

Finishing up my one class this week. The final is due on Thursday but I'll be writing them later tonight. The other course runs throughout September. The next class, Church History, won't start until Oct 23 so I'll have a couple weeks off to recoup. It's been a very stressful few weeks and I was averaging 5 hours of sleep in the weeknight and 14+ on the weekend (and needing it). I did a bit more sleeping this weekend but I think my body's recovering from the lack of sleep and improper meals.

Otherwise, things are going well in my life. I've been seeing someone for a little over a month and he's really great. Won't go into details but he's respectful of my committment to school and helps me keep balanced between serious (which I get bogged down with) and fun (which was something missing for a long time). He's also a great cook, which is a bonus since you already know my cooking abilities.

Anyways, I've got 4 papers to write tonight along with getting ready for work tomorrow. I'm about to make some chocolate chip squares to help focus my brain. As well, there's a new show, Saving Grace, that I'm planning to watch later tonight. I saw the pilot last week and it was quite interesting to me.

Have a great day!

No comments: