Monday, August 06, 2007

Holiday weekend

Hi Everyone!

It's Heritage Day in Alberta and I've been enjoying the weekend. It's been nice weather (although a bit cloudy yesterday afternoon).

Class started on Thursday so I'm back to my study schedule. I loved July and the fun involved. I really needed the break but I was ready to get back to classes. It's a large class - 12 students and I'll be working ahead to get as much homework done as possible before my overlapping class.

Fishing (a few weeks ago) was a lot of fun. We went to Lumbreck(?) Falls near Crowsnest Passage, went into Frank to see the rock slide and went to Chaine Lakes on the way back to Calgary. I didn't catch anything but it was really relaxing. Beautiful scenery and I went swimming.

I've recently watch "Hairspray" (very funny) and "Close to Home" (Israeli movie) lately. I'm not sure what my plans are yet but I might be seeing "The Bourne Ultimatum" next weekend. Although the movie series is not much like the books, I've enjoyed both. I'm curious how they wrap up the series.

I have a new roommate. Paula is very nice - originally from Saskatchewan. She's a couple years younger than me and will be studying at Mount Royal College. She's outdoorsy, into hockey and so far finds Mike charming.

They had gladiolis on sale at Safeway this weeks and I have a pretty bouquet of magenta flowers on the kitchen table. I've been trying to eat more healthy but I think I'm resigned to having breakfast consist of caffeine and yougurt. Oh well - at least my veggie intake has increased. Speaking of veggies - my garden is doing well. My peas are finished although I was very disappointed with their yield. I think they didn't get enough water. I planted 2 rows and only got a couple handfuls of peas. I noticed this past week I had 3 green beans, some baby zucchini and my cucumbers were blooming. Apparently cucumbers are hard to grow in Alberta so I wasn't sure about them. My carrots are still too small to eat but they're getting there and I can likely start pulling out onions.

Anyways, it's too nice to be inside today. Have a great day!

Karen

1 comment:

Anne said...

There is something wonderful about being in school- meeting deadlines and making the old brain have a work out. I'm crazy but I even like tests. Not too fond of papers though.