Friday, October 06, 2006

Thanksgiving

Hi Everyone!

My tummy's feeling so much better - hoorray for yucky yougurt! I have now caught a cold and stayed home yesterday. Still feel crappy but the long weekend should allow me to recover.

Had a wonderful time in Edmonton. The trees were changing colour and there were lots of pretty oranges and gold leaves. There isn't the reds here (no maple trees) but there was a lot of contrast. I had a great visit with Corey. We went to the conservatory (4 climates for plants), strolled down Whyte Ave (people watching, trendy stores) and went to West Edmonton Mall. We were there first thing Sunday morning so we went on the amusement park rides and there was no line-up! We also went to the aquarium and saw the sea lion show. There is so much to see there that I don't know how people shop. It sensory over-load. The bus ride was very nice - I took the Red Arrow rather than Greyhound. Very plush seats and lots of legroom. It was also a lot more convenient as there weren't a lot of stops.

I'll be taking it easy this weekend. I think I'll do Korean bbq (I found a restaurant nearby). I'm hoping to stay in my pjs for as long as possible. Lisa headed home Tuesday night for the holiday so it'll be just me and the furry family.

I got some new fish! There are 3 fancy tail (small fat goldfish with large tails) and an upside down catfish (to clean the tank). I haven't put the psycho fish in with them as I'm afraid they'll kill my new fish. They are very pretty and so far everything is going well.

Anyways, my laptop is somewhere in transit. It's being couriered up and should arrive today. What a fiasco.

Bought some moon cakes. It's the Chinese Harvest festival on Saturday.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moon cakes?! Oh ICK! Ken brought some home from HK and I took one bite and about vomited (and you know I'm willing to try anything and enjoy most everything). GR.OSS!

Karen said...

There's different fillings for moon cakes. Traditionally, there's an egg yolk (yuck) inside but I got red bean paste (sweet, almost like jam) and lotus paste (a bit like peanut butter).