Hi Everyone!
I'm tired, sore and have a splitting headache. I hate moving! Anyways, my stuff is all over at the new place and there are boxes and stuff everywhere. It's driving me crazy. The furry family is slowly adjusting. Mike's hiding in corners and when he isn't, he's on me. Whiskers has explored the place but I think she's happy that the bed is set up (a favourite spot of hers). Gilbert is squeaky as always.
Lisa (new roommate) is moving in on Friday.
The movers broke a window bringing the piano in so I've looked on-line to see how to replace it myself. It doesn't look difficult - any advice you have would be appreciated.
Cold and rainy - chance of snow.
It 's busy at work so I'll update next week. Phone will now be hooked up on Sunday (after I called to cancel) but internet will be another week or so. Phone number hasn't changed. I'll e-mail everyone my new contact info soon.
Had a wonderful time with Shannon. Will update you on our adventures soon.
Have a great day!
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As we just replaced our front window, I know how to do it! The problem is in what kind of exterior surface your building has. If it's siding, you're going to have to remove some of the siding (ok, a lot of it) first. If it's brick then I don't know. You likely should talk to your land lord, either way. The basics for the window are to remove any trim around it, there'll be nails holding it on (outside) that you have to remove too. Take out the panes first (heavy) then take out the frame (light). When you put in the new window (do it without the panes and it's way lighter), put caulking around the outside edge where the flat bit rests against the wall, nail in place, reattach trim.
Post a Comment